Pages

Gayatri Mantra

Gayatri mantra is one of the most known and beneficial of the ancient Sanskrit mantras. Gayatri is a mantra of physical, emotional, and mental healing, purifying the subtle karmas, protection from the onslaught of obstacles, and of spiritual awakening or Self-realization.
Aum Bhur Bhuva Svah
Tat Savitur Varenyam
Bhargo Devasya Dhimahi
Dhiyo Yo Naha Prachodayat 


One of the possible translations is :
On the absolute reality and its planes,
On that finest spiritual light,
We meditate, as remover of obstacles
That it may inspire and enlighten us. 


Chanting of Gayatri Mantra removes all obstacles in our path to increased wisdom and spiritual growth and development. The teachings and powers incorporated in the Gayatri Mantra fulfill this purpose. Righteous wisdom starts emerging soon after Jap(recitation) of the Gayatri Mantra is performed.

Definitely one of my favourite hindu mantras, I chant it whenever I feel the need or simply when I want to relax and meditate.

Here is a version sung by Deva Premal :










Saturday 25 September 2010 at 04:18

2 Comments to "Gayatri Mantra"

One of my favourite. Deva Premal does it with so much heart and soul. I can feel Divine Love and Wisdom in her voice.............. Just fills me with all that Divine Energy every time I listen to it.............

I agree Ram, I heard other versions but Deva does it in unique way..

Post a Comment